Monday, December 1, 2008

Oh Christmas Tree, Oh Christmas Tree!

We traveled to the magical land of the Home Depot... 
We selected the most perfect 7 foot tree...and Matt tied and tied it.  
Tied it good!
We drove it home.  Our first car (pretty dirty).  Our first tree (magical).
I was there too. We are happy!
Matt being a "Christmas Tree Hunter-Gatherer".
Then he used a shopping cart and traveled at light speed.  Just kidding...I don't know why the camera made this picture look awesome.
Does anyone else realize how odd of a custom this is?  Try to forget everything you know about Christmas trees and look at this photo with fresh eyes.
Finally my amazing husband assembled the "Ultimate Christmas Tree Stand". 
The tree went in the stand and we gave it the night to let its limbs relax.  We watched "It's a Wonderful Life" and ate pot roast and drank apple cider.  A wonderful day...in our life. 
Bet you can't wait to see the tree.  Me too!  You'll see it in a post soon.

1 comment:

Pete said...

Betsy and I just finished putting up our tree the other day. What does yours look like now?