Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Christmas Please Come Soon!


I was cleaning out the post-wedding clutter that Matt and I put behind the sofa (out of site...but not out of mind) and found these vintage ornaments that Papa Jerry gave Matt and I for our first tree together.  They are so pretty and I am so eager for Christmas to come this year!  Matt is the only voice of reason around here...he says we have to wait at least until Thanksgiving is past to start the Christmas celebrations.  I hope he will let me keep these on the table for now...Jingle jingle please? :)
  

2 comments:

Betsy Wall said...

Me too. I want to wear flannel PJ's and listen to Sufjan's Christmas music and roll in glitter and eat sprinkles and sugar plums and make snow angles and shake snow globes and wear elf ears and open presents and hang garland and play the sugar bear ornament and smell christmas trees and set up our manger scene and watch charlie browns christmas special

Unknown said...

NO! You can each do ONE Christmas thing before Thanksgiving! Turkey and fixin's is more than enough excitement for one month!

If you must celebrate, I suggest tracing your hand to make a paper turkey OR turning a paper grocery bag into a Native American vest OR you may wear a black top-hat that has a belt on it OR you may wear colored construction paper feathers in your hair OR you may fill a horn-shaped thing with lots of food. But I will not endorse Christmas celebrations before their turn!

Of course my sweet wife may continue to display "holiday" ornaments on the table... I love you :)